The BGS North Assessment Centre is currently seeking an energetic individual to join our growing team on a full time basis.
As an Assessment/Support Manager you will assist youth aged 16-19 yrs who are working to complete their High School Education and are seeking financial assistance.
We provide guidance and support at all stages; from the application process through to High School Completion and beyond!!
A day in the life of a Service Manager may include:
- Providing information sessions both individually and in groups on Foundational Learning Assistance Policies
- Assess eligibility for this program, work with youth on gathering required documents to submit with the application to the Foundational Learning.
- Provide ongoing support/resources to the youth as they work through their service plan
- Provide ongoing information related to job search or next steps upon completion of high school.
- Maintain accurate records of student activity on Mobius & up-to-date hard copy files on each youth including student communication records
- Liaise with training providers as a student advocate as required
- Maintain knowledge of training programs, educational institutions, job search methods, delivery innovations, & community resource information
Qualified applicants will have:
- Post-Secondary education in career development, social sciences or related experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a related role
- Professional demeanor with strong organization, attention to detail and time management competencies
- Excellent communication, coaching, and listening abilities
- Experience working with youth experiencing difficulty being successful in their training/employment & a commitment to motivate & encourage such youth
- Skilled in a variety of Career/Employment/Educational Planning tools/resources
- Current knowledge of Edmonton/ Northern Alberta labour market, providers & community resources
- Highly skilled with the use of Information Technology
If you are passionate about working with youth, energetic and team oriented, we look forward to hearing from you. Apply Now!
Submit resumes, quoting ASM-01 in the subject line to [email protected]