Learn traditional & nontraditional work search strategies that you can apply for job search success in the ever changing work world
- Resumes/ Cover Letters- Purpose of resumes, types, gathering information, formatting, action words/phrases, reviewing drafts, resume checklist and sample resumes. Basic principles of a cover letter, design suggestions, words to avoid tip sheet and samples.
- References- The purpose of references, when to include references, choosing appropriate references and asking their permission.
- Traditional Vs. Hidden Job Market- Differentiating between the two and strategies for job search success in each. Sources of gathering employment leads is discussed.
- Networking- Gain an understanding of networking and network etiquette. Gain insight into identifying and building your network. Learn how to network for employment leads and to connect with potential employers.
- Information Interviews- The purpose of an information interview, how to gather relevant employer information. Conducting the information interview.
- Thank You Letters- The benefits of sending thank you letters. Review sample letters for different situations.
- Personal Support System- Explore the benefits of a support system and how to identify and develop support systems that meet your needs.
|Oct 14||Online (Zoom)|
|Oct 19||Online (Zoom)|
|Oct 21||BGS Suite 310|
|Oct 28||Online (Zoom)|